March 26, 2019

WiIl the Business Succeed? Feedback

.


The letter below was written by the same person who asked the question, "Will the Business Succeed?" She had some technical difficulties, so with her permission, I'm copying her letter below, but with personal information redacted. She previously gave her son's birth data, so I see no need to remove it here, and maybe some of you want to follow along and share any advice you might have for her. When I break into her letter to comment, that text will look like this.





The Horary Question "Will the Business Succeed?"



Hi Lesia,

So sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you. I wrote to you on your website re my son starting a business, and you asked what kind of business “Astrology” and no it is not. I think I am technically challenged I cannot find a place to reply back to you under your response back to me so please forgive me using your email. 

No worries. Glad to hear from you. I'm sorry to say that I'm a bit technically challenged in this matter, myself. This chart is one of my biggest failures. To put it honestly, I am now seeing I made a huge blunder, and I'm wondering what the hell I was thinking? Was it during  one of my manic up-all-night marathons? Was my temperature over 104? I didn't notice any strictures in judgment, and yet I feel like this question was doomed (for me) from the get-go.

The obvious chart to use to answer this question is a horary. I mean, duh. And I completely overlooked it. When I said there were two ways to answer your question, those ways should have been electional or horary. Checking the natal is a prerequisite to everything else. Maybe that's what I was doing. I would have had several charts pulled up on the computer and ended up reading the natal as if it were the horary chart. Or something. Maybe it's a consequence of Mercury retrograde, that I am just now seeing my mistake. 

One of the reasons I decided to answer this question was that a horary chart would be the simplest way of going about it. I know you understand that it's time-consuming for me to look into the natal chart and do a full-on reading. I try to pay it forward when I can, but sometimes I simply can't. I didn't find you in my bookkeeping, but if I owe you a refund, let me know and I'll take care of you.

My son has been looking into buying an existing  “garbage” business he is meeting with the bank today at 2:00 pm to see if he can get a rather large bank loan around 2 M… He is also looking at purchasing a piece of property in the country for the business to park trucks on, as they are now on rented property. This business in the country is about 45 minutes from Winnipeg in the town of Stonewall Manitoba, he lives in Balmoral Manitoba about 15 minutes from Stonewall. 

I am scared to death going into so much debt with this business (the owner wants to retire). He had a business detailing semi trucks, school buses and some vehicles a few years ago, he did well until the economy tanked out and he folded in I think 2007.


Your son is a grown man, 39 years old. Ethically, I shouldn't read his chart for you without his permission. I wouldn't have if I had realized I was reading the wrong chart.

However, you said you are scared to death of getting into so much debt, so is it you who would be going into debt? If that's the case,  get a lawyer, get it done right (not while Mercury or any other significant planet is Rx), and make sure there's no way for you to end up "Elder Abused." I don't know how old you are now, but time flies when you're alive. 




He was to meet yesterday at the bank and it was cancelled until today, makes me nervous with it being a Super Moon tonight. I know you said the moon is the most important  planet I presume you are talking about the progressed moon? Mercury is Rx until the 29th, not sure 


Don't confuse apples with oranges. Or natals with horaries, like I did. 😒 I know, it's not funny. 

  • When I say the moon is the most important planet, it depends on the type of chart. In a horary, or elective, absolutely. The last aspect the moon makes (and when) before going void of course is very important. The other planet or point in the aspect should be analyzed for strength or debility. 

  • The moon in a secondary progressed chart is also highly important as it works like a timer. 

I don't know what you mean by Mercury being Rx. I think you mean the current Mercury Rx cycle. But then come more questions about shadow periods and so on and I'm not casting charts anymore. Mercury Rx, as a general rule of thumb, wouldn't be a favorable time to make deals, especially if there are documents to sign, and you know when you get a loan there are tons of documents. It also wouldn't be out of the ordinary for there to be errors, changes in schedules, or postponements. If an agreement is tentative, and it comes through just as or slightly after Mercury goes direct, then he should probably take that. 

I will say that the current transiting Saturn, Pluto and the moon's South Node are in trine to your son's natal Saturn at 22 Virgo (sign of service). It would be a good time for him to begin this business, in my opinion. And quickly, while he still has this advantage. But he should also be aware that eventually the transits will move on, and he may have difficulties later.  I couldn't find the latitude and longitude for Balmoral on astro.com. Highly unusual, that. So I used Stonewall as a base for a solar return, seeing as how your son's birthday is in a few days. The Return Chart has Uranus on the midheaven, so there will be a change in his path, work, life direction, career, reputation, status, and/or "brand" this year. It may be sudden or unexpected. The problem with Uranus is that whatever we think it will do, it will be something else. That's part of why he feels the need to break out and take his show on the road, so to speak. 


But also in that Solar Return, Saturn, Pluto and the South Node are in the 6th house. The first thing we need to point out is that his health does need to be closely monitored this year. His Return takes place on his birthday, and I have a suggestion to make based on lots of experience and research. Insist that he use that day entirely selfishly, doing whatever will make him ecstatically happy. Whatever he can afford that speaks to his heart is how he should spend it, but it should be entirely his choice, with no pressures of any kind. Let him spend it as if it were his last day on earth. I know that sounds a bit macabre, but it will act as an antidote to any negative energy around that day which will be brought forward later. This is very important because eventually, the issues of the 6th house in the Return are going to come to the ascendant. You want any negative energy to be minimized and transmuted by the stored positive energy that arrives with it. It's kind of like going into the past to improve the future. Stressor days throughout the year are usually those when the transiting sun squares or opposes its natal place. 


Now it may not be all bad. Saturn and Pluto, the two planets which rule over the "garbage" business, along with the south node, are, as pointed out, in the 6th house, which is the house of service. Don't assume the South Node is a negative, because that's not always true. This is the house of worker bees, blue collar workers, middle management, healthcare workers, those who wear uniforms, including police, fire, emts, nurses, even trash collectors. This is the house of the daily grind and our daily bread. It's a house of necessity, duty and obligation. We must take care of the ill and the animals. We must wash our bodies and eat nutritious food. We must serve our country or at least act in socially conscious ways. The 6th house represents the jobs we work at because we have to pay the bills. We have to put food on our tables. These aren't necessarily jobs we want to do because they're our vocations, not our avocations. They may not be tied to our life path, career path, life goals or brand, but the grace with which we do them becomes entwined in our destiny, reputation, and epitaph. So Saturn, Pluto and the South Node in the 6th may be showing your son's employment in the "garbage" business this year. 



if this is a good time to be seeing the bank either. He does not have the Sun, Moon, Venus, above the horizon in his progressed chart. I am using Matrix software, Porphyry house system, tropical.


There seems to be more confusion here. Horary is the act of finding the answer in the time of the question. Elective is the art of finding the best time to do something, to give it an auspicious birth. If you cast an elective for a wedding, a Grand Opening, a vacation, or whatever, it's advantageous to get those four planets above the horizon and angular if possible. Every chart is different, of course, but it's not very common for individuals to have all four in the natal, progression, directions or tertiary. And if they do, they're living a good life. 




My son had a heart attack February 26, 2015  but seems to be doing better now.

Sorry to hear the first, and happy to hear the latter. Please say he doesn't smoke.

He is so gung-ho to buy this business……and I am on the fence. He has been on stress leave for almost a year, he was installing telephones, internet, and TV here in Winnipeg and does not want to go back there, think he hates working for other people, and the company is not the same it was bought out by BELL.

I have no idea what rules the garbage business???

Pluto rules garbage, landfills, recycling, scrap yards,  mining, plumbing, taxidermy, tattoo artists, detectives, butchers, surgeons, oncologists, proctologists and stagnant swampy water. Pluto is well acquainted with the underbelly of life. Your son has that planet's sign (Scorpio) on his midheaven, with Pluto elevated, so it's a good career fit for him. 

Saturn, your son's ascendant, is Capricorn. They are generally born executives, bosses and managers. They're also construction workers, farmers, landowners and leaders. With Saturn and Pluto working toward a conjunction with each other in the sky overhead right now, it seems reasonable that these two energies would attempt to merge in his life as well. But you must remember that Saturn closely squares Neptune in the natal, which is the ruler of the intercepted 2nd house of money, so financial backing will be hard to find.

Natal Mars Rx square natal Uranus, shows he's a risk-taker. Uranus rules the 2nd house of money. Mars forms a Grand Cross by squaring Venus (in opposition to Uranus), and incorporating the moon's nodes. 







The moon's nodes trigger milestones and turning points in life. They, too, are tied to money by being located at the cusps of the 2nd and 8th houses. Fixed Grand Crosses are notoriously hard to live under. I have a post here on that subject under this link.

It is important to look into Venus in Taurus in the 4th and see who or what it represents. Venus in Taurus might be lazy and self-indulgent (but oh, so attractive), pampered and spoiled. In the 4th house it might indicate living in the lap of luxury, or having a spouse who does. Venus in Taurus indicates a home with a mortgage that represents valuable collateral, and probably having equity in it. It could be a banker because both Venus and Taurus are associated with banks. It could even mean that you, his mother (4th house), could possibly bankroll his business. The 7th of partnerships is in Cancer, ruled by the moon in undecided-always-sitting-on-the-  fence-Libra. His natal moon opposes his natal sun, so he lives in full-moon mode, and Venus squares Mars. a sign of mostly not getting what you want in life. But this isn't a horary or election chart, so it isn't read the same way. 

Just in general, Venus opposed to Uranus and squared by Mars is a classic configuration for someone who "needs space." Mars square the ruler of the 2nd house (Uranus) shows impulsiveness and sudden bouts of anger.


There's so much to see, but I'm off the clock. 


If you have an interest in astrology, think about taking some classes, There are many available online, or you might try a local community college, or simply an astrologer in your area. Insist on at least ten years of verifiable experience, or it will be the blind leading the blind. 



You apologized for your president and I accept your apology LOL. Our Prime Minister Trudeau is in hot water here over a scandal so not much better.



Trump Trudeau May Merkel Putin 





Take care and thanks for your great knowledge in astrology and your time it is much appreciated.

Sincerely,
MG

You're welcome. Thanks for the feedback. I'm sorry it turned out the way it did. I wish you and your son much good fortune. ~Lesia





.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated to prevent spamming. Comments containing links will not be approved.